Maternity Session

I'm sorry, Bella, the shots are fine. Another one of the reasons I don't do crits is I have no idea what else is a part of the shoot.

I only mentioned bokeh if she didn't like anywhere you might have shot these indoors.

It really is just the mood brought about by the location that isn't working for me.

OTOH, if she likes them, sell as many as she wants! ;)
thanks Mike...i do appreciate you giving a crit. Its always nice to hear what someone thinks even if its that the mood doesn't work :wink: I really do appreciate it.

This is the moms favorite photo from the set. I am not sure if i am feeling this one as much as the others though.
2315569473_44122dbb46.jpg

This is the moms favorite photo from the set. I am not sure if i am feeling this one as much as the others though.
2315569473_44122dbb46.jpg

Its "cute" but she looks VERY uncomfortable. I do see why she would like it, though.
Also your above images are fantastic. I always look forward to your work.

( please take no offense to the "cute" thing. it was the best way i could think to describe what i was trying to say)

Its "cute" but she looks VERY uncomfortable. I do see why she would like it, though.
Also your above images are fantastic. I always look forward to your work.

( please take no offense to the "cute" thing. it was the best way i could think to describe what i was trying to say)
Thanks Christina:) oh and no offense taken. This was one of those photos I almost didn't show becuase I didn't care for it. Like you said she didn't look comfortable but she insists she was and that was her favorite. This session with her was far better then the last and I can't wait for our next session in San Fransisco in a couple weeks. that one is going to be a fun one

Hey bellacat! I haven't been on this forum in forever. Wow, your work has improved so much and I wanted to tell you how impressed I am! These are great! I'm glad you finally were able to go digital. Now, about the mom's favorite. It was a good shot, my only cc is that her clothing was so vibrant, and the background was just so blah and winter drab. I did a play on it and just burned in the highlights on the water. Then I used the sponge tool to saturate the background colors and did a slight burn around the edges. Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload a play on this forum, so I can't show you how great it looks. But I will send you a PM and try to attach it. (Not sure it that will work either!) Does anyone out there know how to attach a file image? Obviously, I don't want to load another photographer's image on my website to insert an image on my post. Help please!!

oh i would love to see it. I agree it is winter drab and had the sky been blue the shot would have been that much better. :( If you upload the image to flickr or photobucket you can then post in the forum. If not send me PM and i will send you my email address. I would love to take a look at what you did :)

Becky, I sent you an e-mail. Let me know what you think. I have a flickr account (have no idea how to use it!), but just felt weird putting somebody else's picture on it. Sorry about that!

Most reactions

Back