Maternity set, critique please.

12sndsgood

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.square1photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really like them. I'm sure others will have more detailed critique but if I were this woman, I would be very happy with the results.

Great shots technique-wise for sure. The lady though looks a bit tense on most photos, I bit of a smile on her lips would have probably worked well here.

Yeah I had problems with her smiling. Kept have to remind her over and over. I don't know for certain if it was nerves which it vary likely could be or whether she just had it in her head to give that straight look, there were several shots that I just didn't use because her look was just to severe for the shot.

Do more of #1 and less cheesy stuff like the rest. Although I am sure most of them were the woman's idea.

The last one for example look decent but the pumpkin ruined it for me.

Do more of #1 and less cheesy stuff like the rest. Although I am sure most of them were the woman's idea.

The last one for example look decent but the pumpkin ruined it for me.

I agree. and get her to smile or look slightly excited next time :)

#1 is definitely the stand-out of the set, and while more smiles would definitely have improved things, some people just cannot/will not smile.

Do more of #1 and less cheesy stuff like the rest. Although I am sure most of them were the woman's idea. The last one for example look decent but the pumpkin ruined it for me.

Pinterest. She fired off dozens of shots she wanted to do. But to be honest being my first maternity is was nice having some things setup to get to keep things. I try and stay away from props but if a client brings them I'll definitely try and get what they want.

I like the ultrasound in the pants pocket with the oman as OOF background...I had not see that shot before, but I suppose it's been done and is plastered over Pinterest. I thought the pumpkins shot was fun in a campy way. I liked #1's concept, but it looks like there's been a lot of softening, more than I like, and there's a lot of all-black below the belly...sort of makes it seem a bit "floating". I wish in #1 there was a hint of detail below her belly.

Most reactions

Back