maui edit

leeroix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
here is a shot from the top of mt haleakela. you may recognize it from a similar shot in my maui thread. i feel this edit is better. anyway, .6 soft, .9hard ND grad and a circ polorizer were used. thoughts?

haleakela-II by keips66, on Flickr

Nice color and cloud formations. Were you trying to expose the foreground road better?

no, it was so bright up there that the top half of the sky gets wiped out without any filtering, i was going for a more dramatic looking, non blown-out sky and sun, while still keeping the cloud detail.

In this instance I'd go for more foreground than sky coverage, or simply crop the sky.

The colors in this shot are amazing man, nice work

I was there a few years ago!! It's just an amazing moment when the sun starts to come up above those clouds!! =)
Yes, it was crazy bright!!! I think you did a nice job! The only thing I might change is the crop. You could prolly take a little off the top.
I'm going to have to find your other Maui thread!!

thanks! yeah the crop is off now that i think about it....
here is the link to the other thread.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/293407-maui.html
lol I did already comment in that thread but still enjoyed looking at it again! Did you hike to this waterfall past Hana?
Maui.jpg

I'd crop that sky some. The colors are great, the composition is not.

HAHAHA. no worries guys! ill crop it and re-post. and yes, i hiked to that waterfall. awesome hike!

better???

haleakela-II-crop by keips66, on Flickr

oh, and this happenes to be sunset. didnt want to deal with the crowds at sunrise... we were a few of the only people up there that day...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back