Mavish (CC Requested!)

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did a quick senior shoot tonight (college) and thought I'd post one of the photos for some critique before I go on to editing the rest. I chose to do a little something different then usual in my processing since the model liked the somewhat "hazy" look. I'm not sure I like it (looks a bit flat on her face). This one in particular is ambient light only (no reflector etc) so it's a tad different than my normal realm. After the wind took down and bent up a $40 umbrella I decided to shoot daylight only until the wind died down a tad.

Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy it!

Austin

Mavish by TogaLive, on Flickr

Last edited:
A beautiful shot! Crisp and clear, the eyes are magnetic. I also love the the fine strands of sunlit hair, with a popping contrast to the nice bokeh.
The skin tones are too green/yellow though. (Viewed on a calibrated screen.) Even the adjusted version by Vipgraphx has a noticeable tint, but it's an improvement.
I'd love to see the image again, once the skintones have been fully adjusted.

Austin might be my screen - bit I'm seeing a hint of green on her skin, and maybe you can remove some of those fly away hairs
Lighting and focus is very nice

The girl is pretty, the facial expression is nice, I like the whimsical hair thing, but her skin looks a bit green... at least on my monitor.

Also, the way she is posed dead-on makes her look like she's buried up to her chest in sod. I think it would look better if there were something making it obvious that she's lying down (e.g., feet visible in the background and out of focus, or something like that).

Thanks for all the great CC folks! :)

I definitely agree looking at it this morning that something needs to be done about the color tones. I don't necessarily agree about the background. I think I'll leave most of the flyaway hairs in the final edit, they are sort of the only bit justifying that strand across her forehead.

Here are some color edits (nothing else changed), let me know which one you prefer:

I think I like #3....

Definitely a bit green which is perfect understanable since she's picking up a lot of reflected light from the green grass a foot away from her chin, but it does need to be dealt with; overall a nice set, and concur with the CC above.

Most reactions

Back