Maybe the wrong forum.

JamesX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi. I have a GH5, and I wanted to take video of backyard birds in this area. Obviously I needed some kind of remote control so that I could set the camera up close to the action, while not scaring the birds away.

Called the local Photography store and asked about the Hahnel remote. They said they had the Hahnel Captur Timer Kit in stock. I didn't need a timer because, as you know, the GH5 has an intervalometer, but I asked if it could simply be used to take normal videos and photos, and they said it could.

The price was right so I got it. Now, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to use the thing! Hahnel don't seem to be very helpful, and other forums I've asked weren't able to help. I know there are some settings on the camera that have to be made, but I did that, and still no joy. The manual is virtually incomprehensible.

So, good people, is there anyone here who has experience with this device, and can help me to get it working? I'd be very grateful for any tips, so that hopefully I don't have to take it back for a refund.

Thank you. :)

Hi. I have a GH5, and I wanted to take video of backyard birds in this area. Obviously I needed some kind of remote control so that I could set the camera up close to the action, while not scaring the birds away.

Called the local Photography store and asked about the Hahnel remote. They said they had the Hahnel Captur Timer Kit in stock. I didn't need a timer because, as you know, the GH5 has an intervalometer, but I asked if it could simply be used to take normal videos and photos, and they said it could.

The price was right so I got it. Now, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to use the thing! Hahnel don't seem to be very helpful, and other forums I've asked weren't able to help. I know there are some settings on the camera that have to be made, but I did that, and still no joy. The manual is virtually incomprehensible.

So, good people, is there anyone here who has experience with this device, and can help me to get it working? I'd be very grateful for any tips, so that hopefully I don't have to take it back for a refund.

Thank you. :)

EDIT: Stand down. I took the unit back, as it wasn't able to do the job. Put in an order for a device that could.

Thanks, all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back