What's new

Maybe this is better?

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
787
Reaction score
40
Location
U.S.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been working to salvage what I can from yesterday's newborn shoot, despite the lighting difficulties. I offered the mom a re-shoot at no extra charge, and should hear back from her later today.

This one seems a bit better than the others to me, except perhaps for the tight crop on his little fingers... But I think I like the mood of this one. Thoughts?

4809182609_dc919515b5.jpg
 
Hate to say this...but the baby's head and limbs are no longer in proportion. Sorry.

0
......have you ever cooked a bad meal and given it to the dog?...don't give the baby to the dog. ;
 
Other than the fingers yeah, this is great I think. I'm sure the mom won't mind or even notice that the fingers are cut off. The focus on the face is good, the DOF works well and I don't even mind the white vignette. I thought it might be a TAD too warm at first, but I changed my mind.
 
Hate to say this...but the baby's head and limbs are no longer in proportion. Sorry.


lol don't worry and don't be sorry to say anything. I was SO incredibly dissappointed in this shoot as it is.. I'm just trying to salvage what I can.

The baby had a pretty large head in relation to his limbs, is that what you mean? Or are you seeing some sort of image distortion that I'm missing?
 
Other than the fingers yeah, this is great I think. I'm sure the mom won't mind or even notice that the fingers are cut off. The focus on the face is good, the DOF works well and I don't even mind the white vignette. I thought it might be a TAD too warm at first, but I changed my mind.

Thanks, reznap =) I was glad to get at least one or two shots I could sort of work with... It was just really difficult. Lately I've had a ton of pictures after a shoot that I "liked" and the difficulty has been narrowing it down to the ones I want to use. This shoot was the complete opposite. I do hope she is up for a re-shoot.. I'm going to try adding some off camera flash if we're indoors again and would like to see how it improves things.
 
aayria
Can you post a copy of the original post next to the post in this thread?

maybe if they are next to each other it will be easier to see...
 
Baby's head always appear out of proportion. :D


Unless one is Jimmy Durrante, we try not to exaggerate ones extremities...:confused::mrgreen:



I wonder how many here will know who Jimmy Durrante was...:lol:
 
I meant babies' heads are always out of proportion, not just this one. :lol:
 
DOF is too narrow for me same as all your others, have you done anything to the face it looks like plastic, why not try F4 or 5.6 for a change
 
DOF is too narrow for me same as all your others, have you done anything to the face it looks like plastic, why not try F4 or 5.6 for a change


I try more of that when I'm outdoors.. But in this particular situation ,if I'd gone to f 5.6 I would have to either lower my shutter speed far too low, or raise my ISO to the point where the noise would become too overwhelming.
 
DOF is too narrow for me same as all your others, have you done anything to the face it looks like plastic, why not try F4 or 5.6 for a change


I try more of that when I'm outdoors.. But in this particular situation ,if I'd gone to f 5.6 I would have to either lower my shutter speed far too low, or raise my ISO to the point where the noise would become too overwhelming.

Or use some studio flashes
 
DOF is too narrow for me same as all your others, have you done anything to the face it looks like plastic, why not try F4 or 5.6 for a change


I try more of that when I'm outdoors.. But in this particular situation ,if I'd gone to f 5.6 I would have to either lower my shutter speed far too low, or raise my ISO to the point where the noise would become too overwhelming.

Or use some studio flashes

Yes.. that would work too =P A D3s and some new glass would help as well if we're going down that route lol. I've been looking into said flashes quite a bit the past couple weeks, but in the mean time until I can afford better, I make the best use of the fast glass I have, sans off camera lighting.
 
I think its a nice capture. Sorry yesterday was upsetting for you but we all have those days. Friday I was terminated from my job but I go on, I'm thinking about really digging into photography now.
I've seen your new style and I like it, dont lose it.
 
but we all have those days. Friday I was terminated from my job but I go on, I'm thinking about really digging into photography now.

vtf
Sorry to hear about your layoff, I hope you find work as quick as is possible!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom