Maybe this is why some people call me Mr Osprey

Excellent shots.

Great shots again. Now I want to see a photo of you getting these shots. :)

Thanks everyone! Jaca, I will see what I can do. I have been thinking about a way to get a shot like that :). You know how I love my Ospreys!

Good stuff man.

hey runnah, the Osprey are hangin out on the bucksport bridge lately. Not as active as the ones posted here, but they are flying around and stuff. I have not gone yet, but the lady at work who is a birder has been 2x and she got eagles and osprey fighting.

Good stuff man.

hey runnah, the Osprey are hangin out on the bucksport bridge lately. Not as active as the ones posted here, but they are flying around and stuff. I have not gone yet, but the lady at work who is a birder has been 2x and she got eagles and osprey fighting.

Oh nice. I've been meaning to get out there to take photos of the bridge. There are a few nesting bald eagles on the brewer side if the Penobscot.

They are finally tearing down the old bridge...so I'd wait. Finally we can get pics without that stupid ugly bridge in the way. lol.

Great set. Was the osprey hovering right before the dive in #1 ?

CC, great shots. You have raised the bar again, with the first one.

WesternGuy

Thanks again everyone! WesternGuy, it's starting to get harder to out do myself, but there are still a few more shots I want :)
The hover shot was actually an Osprey earlier. I had 3 good dives that morning, but the one at 90-50 feet was the best. They hover a lot when they are hunting.

Thanks again everyone! WesternGuy, it's starting to get harder to out do myself, but there are still a few more shots I want :)
The hover shot was actually an Osprey earlier. I had 3 good dives that morning, but the one at 90-50 feet was the best. They hover a lot when they are hunting.

Ya the hover is a great clue to get reading for the dive,splash and catch.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back