Strange day

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure what is going on, but the skies have seemed very empty lately. My Ospreys are far and few between, Egrets aren't around, just a bunch of swans and terns. I had to photograph some different flying things today.. I really hope the fall migration picks up soon. For sure not my typical kind of day...

1 No small task getting a Monarch flying at me sort of in focus with the 500 F4. Viva the D500 AF system
Monarch 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

2 I remembered I had my old Sigma 300 F4 APO Macro rolling around in my car so I threw it on stopped down and found a Skipper
Skipper 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

3 The Skipper found a friend... There were some really big bee things around

4 Drove all over the place and went to a spot with Juvenile Night Herons, but they were all really far away. Saw this strange cattail
Double Cattail 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

5 At one point I even turned to the gulls.
Gull 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

6 I did get a couple of Juvi Osprey fishing
Juvi Osprey dive 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

7 I finally found something in the sky, a flock of 30 Little Blue Heron all headed south towards the setting sun...
Holy Flock of Little Blue Heron 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Excellent set. The monarch for the win!

A nice set! That first shot is pretty cool - not your typical angle on a butterfly photo and I really like the gull shot for it's motion.

Nice set. Love the erotic double cat tail.

Not sure what is going on, but the skies have seemed very empty lately. My Ospreys are far and few between, Egrets aren't around, just a bunch of swans and terns. I had to photograph some different flying things today.. I really hope the fall migration picks up soon. For sure not my typical kind of day...

1 No small task getting a Monarch flying at me sort of in focus with the 500 F4. Viva the D500 AF system
Monarch 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

2 I remembered I had my old Sigma 300 F4 APO Macro rolling around in my car so I threw it on stopped down and found a Skipper

3 The Skipper found a friend... There were some really big bee things around

4 Drove all over the place and went to a spot with Juvenile Night Herons, but they were all really far away. Saw this strange cattail
Double Cattail 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

5 At one point I even turned to the gulls.
Gull 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

6 I did get a couple of Juvi Osprey fishing
Juvi Osprey dive 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

7 I finally found something in the sky, a flock of 30 Little Blue Heron all headed south towards the setting sun...
Holy Flock of Little Blue Heron 8_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr
Great set. I'd nominate it for "set of the month" if there was such a thing. I think the double cattail is my favorite, but the monarch and skipper shots are awesome. Literally, inspiring awe!

The flying Monarch is wonderful and of course the osprey is a nice addition to anyone's set!

Nice set.
Had me worried for a moment when you were resorting to gulls for pics.
Thanks! Sometimes ya just gotta do what it takes.....
Excellent set. The monarch for the win!
A nice set! That first shot is pretty cool - not your typical angle on a butterfly photo and I really like the gull shot for it's motion.
Nice shots
Thanks!
Nice set. Love the erotic double cat tail.
Maybe I should have labeled it NSFW?
Great set. I'd nominate it for "set of the month" if there was such a thing. I think the double cattail is my favorite, but the monarch and skipper shots are awesome. Literally, inspiring awe!
The flying Monarch is wonderful and of course the osprey is a nice addition to anyone's set!
Thanks!

It is always nice to see something different. Great set.

Nice set.

Had me worried for a moment when you were resorting to gulls for pics.

I dunno, I actually find gulls more interesting than Ospreys (especially when we've seen every possible Osprey angle there is).
Gulls have much more personality. Ospreys are like an Arnold Shcwarzenegger character, kind of impressive but very one dimensional.
Don't estimate the photographic opportunities of gulls.

Nice photos, the gull one is really nice they often get ignored (by me as well as others).

We've had way less backyard birds here this year too. I blame the weather, this summer has been much drier and hotter than normal so far :(

Most reactions

Back