What's new

MB-D11 knockoff

Uh, you jumped on the D7000 bandwagon to soon?

No sir, its not more than 4 or 5 months old. I jumped on an old Craigslist D80 body for pennies as a back-up, its been nothing but reliable.
 
Some of the knockoffs have actually been know to damage the bodies they are attached to..... not a good idea.

Perhaps some empirical data should be posted.

Attempted to find the thread (another forum) where problems were stated.. can't locate it. So ignore previous input. Seems like there was a thread here not long ago, where someones body was locked up after using an aftermarket grip... Maybe I will see if I can find that one..
 
Attempted to find the thread (another forum) where problems were stated.. can't locate it. So ignore previous input. Seems like there was a thread here not long ago, where someones body was locked up after using an aftermarket grip... Maybe I will see if I can find that one..

If a non-OEM grip can take out a camera, then the same could be said about a non-OEM lens, flash, battery, memory card, power supply, USB cord.....
 
all depends on the quality of said item.. if it shorts out due to cheap components, bad build or design, etc... it could cause problems.

Even OEM items can cause problems.. and they are usually built to a much higher standard than the really cheap knockoffs.
 
You just saved me 40 dollar. Because I had to send back my Nikon battery grip back for a minor problem (and guaranty) I wanted to by this for the coming week or so. Although more expensive I better buy an extra EN-EL15.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom