bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Almost had a parting of the ways. Fortunately, I recognized the warning signs and had a friend take me to the ER. Within 50 minutes, I was prepped, cathed and stented. Just a note to all my friends, if you feel a bit of pressure in the chest, have accompanying cold, clammy sweats and just don't feel like yourself, DON"T ignore these symptoms; get thee silly arse to the hospital. The window of opportunity is narrow at two hours, which past that point, serious heart muscle damage can occur. Just getting back my energy, though taking it slow and easy.
Scary is the best word to describe laying on a gurney with numerous wires attached to you and being told you're having a heart attack, but scary as it was, it was also quite reassuring to know that a team of skilled doctors and nurses were there strictly to ensure my healthy recovery. Many thanks to the skill of the medical world and the technology that can take you from an admit to a stent in less than an hour. Simply amazing.

Wow, glad your okay sir. Thanks for sharing those symptoms, you potentially have saved many others. I pray for your speedy recovery and looking forward to your skilled renders.

Speed is indeed the difference between a recovery and a funeral. Our mental time clock went off every time we got a possible heart attack call. Glad you're on the mend.

Sorry to hear that. Glad you're on the mend.

I am so happy to hear you are on the mend..and thank you for giving the world good advice...

I'm so glad you were smart about this - you helped them to save your own life. Just by acknowledging what you recognized wasn't normal and hoping it would pass.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Almost had a parting of the ways. Fortunately, I recognized the warning signs and had a friend take me to the ER. Within 50 minutes, I was prepped, cathed and stented. Just a note to all my friends, if you feel a bit of pressure in the chest, have accompanying cold, clammy sweats and just don't feel like yourself, DON"T ignore these symptoms; get thee silly arse to the hospital. The window of opportunity is narrow at two hours, which past that point, serious heart muscle damage can occur. Just getting back my energy, though taking it slow and easy.
Scary is the best word to describe laying on a gurney with numerous wires attached to you and being told you're having a heart attack, but scary as it was, it was also quite reassuring to know that a team of skilled doctors and nurses were there strictly to ensure my healthy recovery. Many thanks to the skill of the medical world and the technology that can take you from an admit to a stent in less than an hour. Simply amazing.
So glad you recognized what was happening, and so glad everything went so well at the hospital! Wishing you a speedy recovery looking forward to seeing more of your great photos.

For future reference: Speed is indeed of the essence. What I've been told is to call an ambulance. The EMTs can begin treatment and will notify the hospital of your impending arrival so they can assemble their team. The EMTs might also be able to keep you alive during the trip. If you live where an ambulance would take too long to reach you, you do the best you can. If you decide to find your own transportation, calling ahead to the hospital would be a good idea.

The normal instinct is to get to the hospital as fast as you can. This is not necessarily the fastest way to get treatment.

I believe the advice is also to chew a regular aspirin for 30 seconds and swallow it to reduce damage.

Glad you made it. If heart damage was minimal, you can recover full functionality. Good luck. It sounds like you'll do well.

So glad you are doing better all your symptoms are very serious thanks for sharing!

Very glad to hear you're okay. What a story to tell, not everyone is so lucky.

Glad you got to the hospital and are getting better. Take it easy and keep taking care of yourself.

Dean, are you saying pics or it didn't happen??

I was given a clean bill of health by both my primary physician and my cardiologist last Tuesday. No damage at all to the heart muscle but without some specific drugs, I tend to get into AFIB quite easily. Sucks, but it is controlled and I am back to a normal routine though still taking it easy as per getting back into my normal exercise routine.

Thanks to all for your concern and caring. I posted this same message on my FB page and one of my friends had similar symptoms, so she went to the ER...blessed are those who listen as she and I now share matching stents.

Most reactions

Back