Me wife C&C

Scarecrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zacks.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I tried my hand at doing a real photo of my wife just for our wall at home and think it came out good. I know you all are some great shooters of people and I wanna know what I need to improve on. Any all criticism is welcome....

ISO 50 59mm f/2.8 1.30 Sec

im not sure why you shot it with ISO50 and not 100. On the top of that the shutter is only 1/30 sec. Double whammy.

im not sure why you shot it with ISO50 and not 100. On the top of that the shutter is only 1/30 sec. Double whammy.

My thoughts exactly... Why not shoot on ISO400? You have a 5D, it can handle that easily.

In addition to that, ISO50 isn't going to increase your IQ at all.

ok so from what I am getting I shot to slow of a shutter speed but changing ISO to 400 what will that do from say 50? I thought lower the ISO the sharper the image right or am mistaken?

50 is not native ISO. 100 should be the lowest. Only go with 50 if you want to slow the shutter but there is too much light.

Looking at the original as posted on Flickr, it seems you have missed focus and her eyes are blurry.
This will show quite clearly on a print; the hat will look sharper and the eyes not so much.

mg9989ll.jpg

Shadow from her hat bill over her eyes.

That's easy to fix with Blending Options ;) A quick test.

Thanks to those who provided some intelligent C&C... To the other stop looking at yourself as a god of photography. I am an amateur and do not do this for a living nor have I done this for 10+ years.

I just read all the responses to you and none of them seemed at all unpleasant or uninformative.
All of them were on point, true, perhaps curt but, at least to me, not judgmental but informative.
Perhaps you might just say which you found intrusive or deprecating.

Thanks to those who provided some intelligent C&C... To the other stop looking at yourself as a god of photography. I am an amateur and do not do this for a living nor have I done this for 10+ years.

Okay... No one was trying to rain on your parade. Just offer shooting advice for the next time you go out. None of it was meant to be discouraging, despite how you might have perceived it.

...But if you want to continue shooting on ISO 50 with a very slow shutter speed for the focal length you're using, go right ahead. You make the decisions in your photographs.

Scarecrow, When receiving C&C you should pay attention to WHAT is being said and not so much HOW you think it's being said. Tone and attitude do not come through very well when typed. Everyone that posted above was just giving some solid advice.

Ok I apologize misunderstood the IQ statement I guess. See like I said Im a newb when it comes to the acronyms. now ask me any navy ones and I got it hands down.;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back