Mean Mug

Dahrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
87960998942426425_aCTcoXEp_c.jpg

I know this one's a bit underexposed, but I still like it for the shallow depth of field and the overall coloring.

What do you guys think?

Don't shoot in direct sunlight and you won't have harsh shadows on the face. Find shade, or shoot at dawn or dusk.

What art school? I ain't goin to no art school. o_O

this was at 1 or 2 PM wasn't it.
Tisk tisk* lol

Too many harsh shadows, plus you said the shallow depth of field. Looks pretty deep to me.

background's blurred. That makes it shallow.

it's far away...yes, but it isn't really blurred out and is still recognizable.

This isn't the best example but you can see this background is much more blown out than yours.

ZMD_1162 by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

background's blurred. That makes it shallow.

Uhhh.... No. The DoF is not very shallow, sorry.

This image was shot at f/3.5 @ 35mm. The background is blurred, but I would not consider it a shallow depth of field.

jy8EVGV6xftd5.jpg

This was shot at f/2.5 @ 85mm. This is a very shallow depth of field.

i8WFepDNEirVF.jpg

The buildings in the background are pretty easily distinguishable, and detract from the image. The DoF is not enough to isolate the subject from the background. Perhaps if you got closer to the subject and zoomed in as far as you could while using as large an aperture your lens has at maximum zoom, you could have got a more desirable effect.

The white streak by his left arm (a fountain?) is distracting, it would have been better if you'd worked the shot so it was hidden by his body, if you're any good in PS it could be cloned out. The red thing on the balcony behind his left shoulder is also distracting and could easily be cloned out. Considering the other factors, I wouldn't bother with any cloning, I'd take the advice above on board and reshoot. :)

dof is not very shallow at all. And it looks like it was edited with instagrm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back