Medium format cameras, a luxury or an investment

Is Medium format cameras a luxury or a need?

• Total voters
jaomul said:
As I said no offense intended. I made the mistake of not looking at your links before commenting and took it as a will I buy this or that to be excellent. After looking at your links I can see that your are already a great photographer. I can't recommend anything here as any systems you mentioned are well beyond my wallet and ability.

Non taken, thank you for the nice comments ;)

c.cloudwalker said:
:thumbup:

I was running a fairly large studio until recently and I am somewhat privy to the OP's type of business as he spells it out in his opening post...

However, I'm not familiar with Bahrain's ways of photography so I have not the slightest idea if this is an amateur who thinks he can do it all like a pro (after all if you can make a chick look good, why not a dog? ;)) or if this is the usual way of business there... A photog does it all. For all I know, it is.

So anyways, usayit, is quite right. I probably can't help you and you need to either tell us a lot more about you and your country, at the risk of putting 3/4s of the members to sleep, or you need to do your own market analysis.

I used Hasselblads in my studio. The person who bought my studio thought it was a good idea and bought the gear with the place. Then again, I didn't do pets. I didn't do kids either. And I was right outside of Paris...

Well I wish that I live a country where specializing in one category will take me anywhere.

If I will shoot only fashion I will have just one shoot every six months lol..

Sad but true.

My country is very very small and the market here is as small as one or two photographers can take over the entire market.

Most reactions

Back