Meet and Greet a TPF Noob by Providing C&C on these Self-Portraits!

haley_992

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My name is Haley Lorenson and I live in Alaska. I am 18 years old and just decided to join this website!
I wanted to share my people portfolio with you and see what you all thought! CRITICISM, COMPLIMENTS, COMMENTS all welcome

Show me how this works everyone!

DSC_64962bw2web.jpg

^NOT A SELF-PORTRAIT

Hope you enjoyed! Please tell me a little about yourself as well!

Haley, you have a good eye for photography, and a specific appealing style. Keep up the good work and you can probably make a career out of this assuming you know the industry and talk to the right people.

As for me, I'm 22 and shoot weddings professionally.

Love #5.. if the veil was up higher, to where it was just barely above your eyes... that would rock!

If you have shot #3 without the head cropped, it would be on the money for me.

Yea.. same here! It is a winner except for that! Even with that.. still nice!

Love 3, 5, &6. I am a dad with a camera from Colorado.

I enjoy 1,5, & 6. I also find #3 to be amusing, just wished it was cropped above the eye line.

I'm Brandon and I take photos every once in a while.

Theres nothing noobish about these photos. They are well thought out and executed nicely. Far better than most of us real Noobs. :)

Haley, you have a good eye for photography, and a specific appealing style. Keep up the good work and you can probably make a career out of this assuming you know the industry and talk to the right people.

As for me, I'm 22 and shoot weddings professionally.

Thank you so much! I am planning to make a career out of this! I'm currently double majoring in marketing and management so I can professionally execute a portrait photography business (I've been in business two years now doing senior photos! But I have much to learn).

If you have shot #3 without the head cropped, it would be on the money for me.

Yea.. same here! It is a winner except for that! Even with that.. still nice!

What a shame! I liked the mystery of that crop and consciously planned to do that. I wish I would have included my entire head now that I've read this! I apologize for missing the mark!

I think these are, in general, terrific for all the obvious reasons.

two minor nits:

1) IMO, is a bit oddly framed. That space to the left isn't balancing anything and the fireplace opening is just a bit off center.

3) why is light shining out of her crotch area? and that faint vertical line below the hat looks vaguely genital

Most reactions

Back