Meet Bonnie

goooner

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had the pleasure of spending time with the old girl over the last couple of days. Thought these came out quite nicely. I'm having real trouble focusing on an 'on rushing' dog tbh. I've tried different focus settings on my D7200, but have not found the right one yet. I was using a Tamron 70-200/2.8 the older version. Any advice would be much appreciated.

_DR21271.jpg

_DR21376.jpg

_DR21318.jpg

_DR21323.jpg

Last edited:
The face that is truly unique!! Brought a few tears to the eyes, as the memory of our Boxer Lola Bear came flooding back. We lost her last year just after her 12th birthday. They are a fantastic breed.

Not a Nikon shooter, but I think it its similar to my Pentax in the ability to track focus on a moving object. Not sure this will help but it seems to have a lot of information on your camera and focus settings. Autofocus guide

Thank you for the replies. Yes, Smoke I have my camera set up for BIF with the central 9 spots 'active' and I tried shooting at f5.6 @ around 1/800th in continuous focus mode. Problem is that there is no blue sky behind a running dog, and my camera struggled. Also tried the same settings with single focus point, but it lost focus pretty fast, and struggled getting it back. I tried the 3d setting, but then the camera used all the focus points, and mostly grabbed her tail to focus on.

When I have trouble like that, I revert to single point focus and pump the shutter. I also increase the focus square a tad. Making sure my shutter speed is up as well.

When my granddaughter was younger, I found setting the shutter to continuous fire worked for me. That way I could concentrate on following her. I might end up with a ton of useless images but I always managed a few good ones.

Thanks everyone

I am a boxer lover also. We have a female named Daisy. They are indeed an endearing breed with distinct personalities even though boxers as a whole will display traits shared among the breed. I can never get a good action shot of her. She always looks so goofy with her ears flapping, tongue hanging out of her mouth...I am sure you know what I mean!

Thanks everyone, @tirediron, removed the spot at her nose.

Most reactions

Back