meeting internet friends

have you ever met an online friend in person?

• no, and i would never do it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
i know that a lot of people here met their signifcant others online and it seems like an unusually high percentage of the group. so i started wondering how many of you had met friends from online even if they weren't romantic interests. the majority of my "real life" friends are just not into the internet and find it very strange that i've met people in person that i only ever knew online. as far as i know, my boyfriend's family (excluding his mother, father and sister) thinks he met me "through a friend of a friend" because they wouldn't be comfortable knowing the truth. i don't agree with that but it's not my family. :?

i also met my first college roommate online. she was in a chatroom where we'd started talking about different colleges and what schools were well-known for particular fields of study and she said she couldn't find a decent school to study criminal justice. it turned out, the school i was transferring to the next year (when she'd be starting college) had a phenomenal CJ program so i tipped her off about it. a couple weeks later she tracked me down again, thanked me, told me she'd applied to the school and we started talking regularly. then after a while we decided we might as well room together since we'd at least talked before, and that was better than getting stuck with a complete stranger.

anywho, how many of you have met people from the internet in person? any horror stories to share, or did it work out just fine?

After gaming for about 4-5 years, you end up going to your fair share of LAN Parties. And there, you meet the cream of the social crop of gamers.

No real horror stories. I've got a good group of friends that I've met from online gaming, and have since developed other interests with them.

Still waiting for a romatic interest to email me out of the blue and ask for my hand in marriage. (any takers?)

o hell, i've met a lot of people that way. matter of fact, it has been my preferred method over the last 5 years.

nukie said:
Still waiting for a romatic interest to email me out of the blue and ask for my hand in marriage. (any takers?)

no marriage for me nukie, but i do kiss on the first date. *wink*

well, i must say when i saw my hubby for the first time in person (after chatting for a few months online) ... i wanted to jump his bones :oops: ... and we kissed on the first date ... amongst other things :lol:

I've met so many of my online friends, I don't know if I could even count them all. Occasionally it's been a little weird, going back to onlineness after meeting someone in person and them not being quite as expected, but overall it's been a wonderful experience and I wouldn't trade any of it. Even the homophobic fundy online boyfriend was a good learning experience.

I have met countless friends from the internet in person. From IL to MA from ON to TN :0). And my beautiful girl friend I met online a year and 3/4's ago, met in person almost a year ago, and have been dating for almost a year. :0). It would be nice to go to Holland to met a ton of other online friends.

Holy Moly yes
Ive met Nevey from here! Spent 3 days with her in a city in Australia while she and 2 other friends of Mindy's, hers and mine were on holidays here. We also met 2 other people who live down there then.Ive met and am now good friends with 2 other Aussie girls from that group.

Ive met a heap of u2ey friends, whilst overseas in 2001 at U2 concerts and many Aussie ones. 3 of which I now consider very good friends and see fairly often.

Ive also been down the scary romance path and not for something major in the other's life was heading down the path to spending life together type deal. Oh but thats ANOTHER story.

I plan on meeting Chase one day and making him show me all over Disneyland. Mindy and Sandy(neve) are on my list for next year whether it kills me!

voted no, but I have, once to pick up some CD's of Red Hat 9 and Mandrake 9.1, and will do it again when mandrake 9.2 comes out

I've met several people online over the past few years. I think it's a great way to meet new people & bring on new challenges. It's definitely more adventurous than taking someone home from a club.

It's a lot of fun. Some people you keep in touch with, some you don't. You only live once. You might as well squeeze everything you can out of it. Especially if it means reaching out to see what the world has to offer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back