What's new

Melbourne Cityscapes

JoshuaSimPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,484
Reaction score
96
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

DSC_0625-2 by JoshuaSimPhotography, on Flickr

DSC_0659-2 by JoshuaSimPhotography, on Flickr


DSC_0672-2 by JoshuaSimPhotography, on Flickr

DSC_0674-2 by JoshuaSimPhotography, on Flickr

DSC_0675-2 by JoshuaSimPhotography, on Flickr'

DSC_0680-2 by JoshuaSimPhotography, on Flickr
ZoomButt.gif




DSC_0755-2 by JoshuaSimPhotography, on Flickr
ZoomButt.gif
 
These dark, underexposed b&w landscapes give the appearance of a dirty, sinister city. Was that was your intention?
 
Yes and no, i wanted to show that there was a storm brewing, so i darkened the sky, but kept the city exposed, still trying to show it's character
 
#1: The buildings appear to have an inner glow; that give it special kind of attraction
#2: Excellent; that empty bench gathers much strength for this image
#3: Usually someb ody leaving the frame is not a good idea; but here it works and this is the image i liked most here
#4:The mother and child is the strength; but the barrier behind them is doing some harm ; hoped if they were at a place whee there was only water behind them
#5: This is OK
#6: Cutting across the top of the car and through the neck of that person, takes away the strength of this image
#7: i wanted to see more of the roads and vehicles in the foreground here

As a whole a fine set of images

Regards :D
 
Now i know why even in the age of color photography, B&W owns its own Empire :D
 
I wasn't too excited about most of them, but I loved the one with the bikers.

And yes, leave them b/w.
 
I wasn't too excited about most of them, but I loved the one with the bikers.

And yes, leave them b/w.

I agree. The blue and green hues do nothing more.
 
I like #3 the best. In the others I'm having trouble finding your subject
 
I wasn't too excited about most of them, but I loved the one with the bikers.

And yes, leave them b/w.

Diz-actly! My thoughts as well. The bikers shot in B&W is the undisputed high point of this post.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom