Melody: Shoot by the Lake C&C please!

PatrickCheung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a shoot last week with a friend's friend. Her name is Melody, great model, fun to work with, professional yet relaxed... and did I mention she was helpful on the set? We shot by TooGood Pond, a local... pond... and Main Street Unionville (all torontonians, err... markham/unionville inhabitants should know these places, right?)
Anyway, i used:
- Nikkor AF-S 35/1.8
- Nikkor AF 85/1.8 D
- SB-600 x 2 (they're too weak to use modifiers on)
- 10' Lightstand
- Tripod as a lightstand (i'm cheap)

Here are my Favourites... oh, and my friend Colin helped me edit these photos
4775879330_c1f31058d6_b.jpg

a little contrasty, but i kinda like it... some might not like the shadow on the tree but i think it defines her a bit more...

4775255727_9cbaa0dd40_b.jpg

i shot this one under a tree, so i got a lot of weird shadows and highlights on her... as you can see on the shoulder.

4775260993_e77f1b0bbc_b.jpg

also under a tree...

i guess they're quite flawed, but with what i had on me... i think this is a pretty decent set? iunno... i'm looking for opinions.

if you liked the photos, please view the rest of the set here

Ah, too much light.

You need to strike a balance with ambient light and flash ...

The background should complement the model ... I shouldn't be much of a critic as I avoid taking pictures of people.

I like the first shot.

These seem to be well done portraits, which seems to accomplish what you are going for here. I would have liked to see some head shots and also some full body shots for more variety.

Overall good job and very pretty model!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back