Memorial Day

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't attended this Memorial Day tribute on the Boston Common in many years. But last night a storm rolled through and started to clear out just before sunset so I hopped in the car and went to meet a friend to take a chance on some dramatic skies over the flag memorial. 37,000 flags - one for every fallen hero from Massachusetts going back to the Revolutionary War. Here are a few of my favorites.

Blue hour
Memorial Day tribute on the Common by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Sun star

Path

Sea of flags pano
Boston Common Memorial Day Pano by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Peace to all.

We must always remember those who sadly gave their lives for our countries freedom, lovely images Sharon.

beautiful... they look like a painting...

Very nice work! Your instincts were spot on about getting that sky to add depth and drama over this memorial. A lovely tribute, and you've showcased it beautifully here.

Very nice work! Your instincts were spot on about getting that sky to add depth and drama over this memorial. A lovely tribute, and you've showcased it beautifully here.
Thanks Terri. I almost sat this one out - the couch was looking very comfy after a long day of gardening and errands and the house needed a good cleaning. I’m so glad I went! Getting/staying motivated is my biggest challenge lately. I never regret getting out there to shoot but it can be a struggle when there are a lot of others things I should (or could) be doing.

Thanks Terri. I almost sat this one out - the couch was looking very comfy after a long day of gardening and errands and the house needed a good cleaning. I’m so glad I went! Getting/staying motivated is my biggest challenge lately. I never regret getting out there to shoot but it can be a struggle when there are a lot of others things I should (or could) be doing.
I hear ya. Especially with summer coming on and the garden calling. I'm sure it looks great though, and the stuff you did last fall is rewarding you now, too.

That's the challenge of having several hobbies- finding time to do them all! And reminding yourself how much fun you have with each one.

Nice set and a wonderful memorial.

Most reactions

Back