MEMORY CARD BASICS

PaulBac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can anybody help me please, im having trouble when i export a image from lightroom 5 to my
memory card, when i took it to be printed the copy was under exposed when printed out, i dont
no why.

A monitor is much brighter than a print. Take what you have as a test print, and turn your monitor brightness down until it as about as "bright" as your print.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for all the help everyone.

As the question is answered I'm going to lock this - only because these kinds of threads are like magnets to "data recovery" spambots.

Paul please feel free to start a new discussion on the topic of preparing photos for print if you wish for more information than this thread has thus far provided (a new thread and thread title appropriate to printing will likely get you more replies for the topic than continuing here where the title is no longer relevant )

A monitor is much brighter than a print. Take what you have as a test print, and turn your monitor brightness down until it as about as "bright" as your print.

DataColor Spyder 5 Pro: Datacolor Spyder5PRO

This will calibrate your monitor to actual colors so it should print as you see it on your screen.

This will calibrate your monitor to actual colors so it should print as you see it on your screen.
Yes, I have one. I'm not referring to colors, but rather that the monitor is still brighter than a print since the monitor emits light. My point is, you may need to drop the brightness on a monitor to match the print, otherwise your prints may look consistently dark.

If you have a Calibrated Monitor, check to see how much of the Color Spectrum it matches and what you are using (sRGB, AdobeRGB, etc). Just cause it is calibrated, does not mean it is calibrated correctly. You shouldn't be that far off with a decent printer and correctly calibrated monitor.

Yes, I have one. I'm not referring to colors, but rather that the monitor is still brighter than a print since the monitor emits light. My point is, you may need to drop the brightness on a monitor to match the print, otherwise your prints may look consistently dark.
Yep. And the brightness value established during calibration is known as the Gamma setting.
Many go even further and have a light box to put prints in to ensure print quality is always evaluated under controlled light conditions.

BTW- Most pro labs recommend using X-Rite's calibration tools and software, because that's what they use.

Most reactions

Back