Memory card issue

Von Rottes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, so I have a D5300 and I'm using Micro SD for my storage.
Currently I use a Patriot EP series UHS3 32gb Micro SD

My issue is... Sometimes the camera will NOT read the card. pulling the battery for a few seconds will get the card to work again sometimes... other wise I have to format the card on my computer or other device..
But when the card DOES work, it works perfectly fine, super fast and I have not gotten any corrupted files from it.

Camera works fine with a Samsung EVO 16gb card, just not nearly as fast in loading images and RAW writes seem to take forever.

is this maybe an issue with the camera or just a bad SD card?

I would never use a.micro SD card in a device that takes SD. Just asking for trouble if you ask me.

Get you a handful of SanDisk or Lexar SD cards and be done with it!

Yeah, agree. With the adapter, you're doubling the number of contacts involved in getting it connected.

I don't use micro SD cards so I wouldn't know about the first part. But for the second card being slower to write on to, I'm guessing you fell for the marketing when buying that card by assume the big number on the front of the pack referred to write speed when in fact it didn't.

Flash memory devices (SD & CF cards are flash memory) are typically way faster at reading than being written to.

That's why the card speed card makers put on their cards is the READ speed, not the write speed.

I've been using these...so far they have been my favorite cards.

Erwin-160428-2650.jpg

I've been using these...so far they have been my favorite cards.

View attachment 122527
+1

I use these in the 16gb versions.

This is the only SDXC card I own, but I own quite a few SDHC Extreme Pros 16gb and 32gb models. I have yet to have one fail on me. I have some Lexar and Sony cards that work but every now and then give me issues. I don't know...SanDisk just seems to get it right.

Most reactions

Back