Memory Lane

Hertz van Rental

We're supposed to post photos?
Reaction score
A few things in WA triggered my failing memory into some semblance of activity and I went through some old records and rediscovered my Siouxsie & The Banshees collection.
I loved this band (and had the serious hots for Siouxsie).
For those who are unacquainted with this very important Punk band, here is the incomparable SS:

I just thought it might be nice if people searched You Tube to find performances from bands that were important to them or influenced them, and then shared.

PS Music has always featured large in my life and I have seen live just about every important band since the late 60's so I've got a whole bunch of memories. You have been warned!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooo, so when did you see ABBA?
nahnahgrl.gif

:popcorn:

I wish that you hadn't made me do this. Thinking of who I saw way back, I didn't expect to find any of the Edgar Broughton Band, but there they were, (Green Lights starts at about 3:14) Almost alive, would you believe. Now if I could find the Peel interview...

Then I searched for Crass, and found . Incredible.

Next, Germ Free Adolescents, scrub away, scrub away the SR way. Well, I thought that I knew what had become of her, and Laura Logic. I drew a blank with Laura.

Thinking back to drunken Crown Posada nights at the Guildhall down by Newcastle quayside in the early 70's I remembered What happened to that singer? He stopped hanging out with us. He was quite good.

I drew another blank with the Mike Westbrook / Red Brass mob.

The first concert I sneaked my High Speed Ektachrome loaded Nikkormat and 105 mm f/2.5 past security was a Tull concert.

I was at the 'farewell' concert.

And as an ex-resident of the Hotel Chelsea (We love you, Stanley Bard) how could I miss [video=youtube;CVdal6Jzsfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdal6Jzsfc"]Leonard Cohen[/url] and Janis Joplin.[/video]

Best,
Helen

I didn't go to as many live concerts as I'd have liked (protective parents while growing up), but here are some of the performers I saw:

REM

(Quit rolling your eyes...)

Now this is a thread I could participate in, if only I wasn't in the office supposedly working. My back-catalogue of live bands is also extensive, whether they were all important though is debatable. More on this one later...

Pearl Jam at Brixton Academy 1993, greatest gig ever!! and longest day ever, got up at 03.45 to go to work then after work went to London, got back from gig at 02.00 then up again 03.45 for work with one very loud ringing in my ears! happy days

cover version of Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TE3NR04X30c

and this gave me nightmares when I was young
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EP7CDvQULXw

Hertz did you ever see The Clash?

Oooh Queen, I'm definitely jealous!

Erm...
Strange as it may seem, my ex did fashion in London in the mid-70's (the start of punk) and a girl in her year was designing interesting clothes with zips, buckles and belts. She said they were stage clothes for her boyfriend's band which was called... :mrgreen:
A year or two below was a nice girl called Helen.
Another nice American girl used to pose for the life modelling class. Just making ends meet while she got her band up and running.
At this time I shared a house with two Art students who had this man as a visiting lecturer. I saw one of the Blockheads first gigs at the Angel vaults in Islington. Then someone else moved into the house who worked as a graphic designer for Hipgnosis and Stiff records.
Ah, the 70's in London. What a decade.
I actually first met my ex at this gentleman's twenty first birthday party as we were mates at one time.
And when at College in Bournemouth Bob Fripp used to regularly drop in to teach synth.

One last name drop before I kill this for everyone (I could keep going but I won't) is Freddie Mercury. My ex eventually ended up in television and she worked on one of Queen's videos. I went to pick her up from the studio and this charming gentleman pushed me out the way. Only his minder stopped me from chinning him.

Of course, at the time you didn't I didn't pay any attention to any of this as it just seemed the norm :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back