Mentor?

thinkricky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Ricky. I tried to PM or email a couple of the mentors listed but some do not receive emails and I can not PM. I guess that's not open to everyone.

Anyway, I'm looking for someone to mentor/help me. I have 4 years of Art history so I understand composition, contrast, colors, etc.. Although I have Art in my blood I don't have photography. I am getting into it now.

I have purchased a camera to start with. It's a Canon EOS Rebel T2 35mm SLR. (I'm not sure if it's the greatest camera to start with but for $30 dollars it was as close to free I could find. The camera was in perfect conditon not a scratch on it. As close to new as it could be.)

I do have creative ideas, and I am willing to learn. My problem I guess is learning the camera itself. Aperture and shutter speed. Other mechanical aspects of photography.

To sum it all up. I'm not sure what I need. Maybe a slap to the face. I'd like to have a mentor if anyone is willing to help me out. Give projects or do what ever a teacher would do. But maybe that's not what I need.

I just need help. Thanks

Ricky

Do you have PM disabled in your profile? I click on your nickname and do see the option. That may be an issue.

I checked again it's not even an option.

Or just ask questions here in this forum like you just did. If you have photos to post put them up in of the photo galleries like general, landscape, nature/wildlife, people etc.

Do you have anything of a portfolio? Or perhaps just any shots you've taken?

What style are you interested in?

Most reactions

Back