What's new

Merced NWR, 12/17/09 (2 photos)

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 6, 2009
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
147
Location
Atwater, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just copied this from my blog:

This is starting to be a habit now. Every Wednesday my kids have gymnastics practice for 4 hours. I drop off the kids and my wife at the gym and I head out to the Merced NWR just before sunset. My goal this time was the very back pond, near the ‘Bittern Marsh Trail’. I had to hustle.

I set up on a small “island” and waited for sunset. I took a few photos, but I started seeing flocks of Sandhill Cranes. I re-set my camera from slow shutter speed to a somewhat higher speed and got this one.

_MG_0436.jpg

5D, 70-200mm f/4L, ISO 1600, 1/500, f/7.1


Thinking I was done as the colors were fading, I packed up and started to drive the rest of the loop. Near the last section, paralleling highway 140, I started noticing a reddish tint on some of the clouds and fog was starting to form. Should I drive like a mad man to the platform (there’s water) or do I shoot here? I decided to shoot here since I’m not very good at running! Quickly unpacked the tripod and camera and got this.

_MG_0449.jpg

5D, 70-200mm f/4L, ISO 100, .8sec, f/8
 
I love the second image. The colors are delightful.
 
Thanks for looking.
 
I specially like the first one. The geese add something to it. Very nice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom