Merekats posing. Need C&C soft focus or DOF?

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been looking through some pics from Disney's Animal Kingdom and found these. I'm a little frustrated though. They seem soft or something. Is it a DOF issue or is my lens just that soft at this distance?
Cropping help is appreciated also.

i think a little sharper and you would have had it.
Simples ;)

These are my pictures while at Animal Kingdom.

Settings= 1/125 f-5.6 ISO 100 on the second one. I think I just used the auto settings for speed of use.

On the first one = 1/1000 f-4.5 ISO 400

On the second one I think I could have used a little more aperture for a clearer pic.

For wildlife, I try to shoot at 1/1000 or faster and around f/8 if they're going to move suddenly. Use the ISO to match the exposure. ;)

Composition wise I like the first one. The second is a cute pose, but I'm wanting to see more room on the right, because "his" head is turned towards the right. Make sense? Of course if that wasn't possible due to obstructions, then disregard that last comment!

For wildlife, I try to shoot at 1/1000 or faster and around f/8 if they're going to move suddenly. Use the ISO to match the exposure. ;)

Composition wise I like the first one. The second is a cute pose, but I'm wanting to see more room on the right, because "his" head is turned towards the right. Make sense? Of course if that wasn't possible due to obstructions, then disregard that last comment!

im going to show my noobness here, but what do you mean by match the iso to the exposure? :confused:

im going to show my noobness here, but what do you mean by match the iso to the exposure? :confused:

I generally shoot in manual, so if I want 1/1000 @ f/8, I dial in the ISO until you get the proper exposure.....using the on-board light meter. Usually right in the middle or maybe a bit to the right. On a sunny day I usually use ISO 400, 1/1000 and f/8.

I generally shoot in manual, so if I want 1/1000 @ f/8, I dial in the ISO until you get the proper exposure.....using the on-board light meter. Usually right in the middle or maybe a bit to the right. On a sunny day I usually use ISO 400, 1/1000 and f/8.

ahhh ok i gotcha. bring it up to compensate a little. i thought there was something i was missng, figured id ask. :thumbup: thank you!

ive been shooting in nothing but manual lately myself. i WANT to learn

ahhh ok i gotcha. bring it up to compensate a little. i thought there was something i was missng, figured id ask. :thumbup: thank you!

ive been shooting in nothing but manual lately myself. i WANT to learn

"Film" is cheap! If you don't like it, delete it and try again! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back