Merlin, the Series (Some w/Prey)

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had an opportunity to take a drive out to the San Luis NWR yesterday. I wanted to see if the water was filling up so I can go back in the early morning to take some shots of waterfowl. I also wanted to capture some of the Tule Elk and find a great place to set-up for sunset. Got a few shots of the Elk. They weren't as cooperative as I've seen in the past. Couldn't find a "great" place to capture the sunset, but got a great shot of the moon.

As I was driving around the 5-mile loop, I saw what I thought was a Red-tail Hawk, eating. I took a few shots, drove closer, shoot again etc. Got as close as I dared and got these. Come to find out that this was a Merlin, my first!

_MG_0259.jpg

_MG_0263.jpg

_MG_0264.jpg

_MG_0277.jpg

_MG_0278.jpg

5D, 300mm f/4L IS, 1.4x II

Very nice! Beautiful images of a beautiful bird. #2 is my favorite. Is he eating on the stone that used to have a sword?

My mind went to the television series "Merlin" I'm looking at the post title, and wondering why merlin the TV series, is posted in wildlife :lol:

This is a much better surprise, then the TV series. It's hard to pick a favorite they are all good.

but got a great shot of the moon.

...... so you really can see the moon with that thing :lol:

My mind went to the television series "Merlin" I'm looking at the post title, and wondering why merlin the TV series, is posted in wildlife :lol:

This is a much better surprise, then the TV series. It's hard to pick a favorite they are all good.

but got a great shot of the moon.
...... so you really can see the moon with that thing :lol:

:lmao: :lol:

Thanks everybody for looking!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back