What's new

Merry-Go-Round in the City

daarksun

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
414
Reaction score
17
Location
Las Vegas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These photo were taken of a local outdoor Merry-Go-Round. There are several in Las Vegas, but this I believe is the only outdoor one we have. It's a relatively unknown carousel and its beautiful - particularly at Christmas. I have some great full images it, but I was looking to get some single images of the animals for my set.

go-around_100.jpg


go-around_111.jpg


go-around_101.jpg


go-around_113.jpg


go-around_104.jpg


go-around_114.jpg


go-around_108.jpg
 
Last edited:
Colored ones are far still more interesting than the B&W conversions in the "General" thread

Regards :D
 
Your photo quality is great, but they are all boring. They need a point of interest, something special, besides just a shot of a plastic horse.
 
Thanks for the wonderful comments Flower. The 'point of interest' happens to be the boring plastic horses. Many people do find merry-go-round imagery interesting and have such images in their homes.

After looking at your website I can tell you are a true master photographer and I should bow to your expertise in these matters. Basing my imagery, composition, colors, focus, attention to detail and overall abilities against yours leaves me believing I should possibly sell my equipment and just do point and shoot. I have been shaken to the core and doubt my ability to recover.

I want a critque of my images, which is why I post them. However, constructive critism is one thing and being rude is another. If you think my photos boring then please tell me the reasons why it is so. It will give me (or anyone else) an idea of how I might improve my skills. I am always about learning and improving. I wish to be well rounded in a variety of styles.
 
I apologize. I didn't want my bluntness to come off as rude, but it looks like I did. I will retry my response to you.

Your images are very sharp, clean, and wonderfully colorful and that is a great accomplishment taking into consideration your subjects are moving pretty quickly and are harder to shoot. Your depth of field is very nice on the last one, which also happens to be my pick of the lot because I think it holds more interest than the others. I think carousel photo enthusiasts would like these photos. In my opinion though they lack a punch, something to make them memorable and different. I think they would be more interesting if you tried to get a shot of a animal in one of the mirrors intead of just a dead-on shot. I would try panning one as well to show a sense of motion. You'll need a tripod for that though. Maybe a shot with a kid on it too. Since its an outdoor carousel, I think it would be cool if you went at night and got a shot when the lights are all lit up. That would add to the sense mystery that I personally find interesting about carousels. Or stand back a ways and let your shutter speed slow and get a shot of the lights spinning. Be experimental.

I hope that is better.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom