messin with 4-8 sec exposures

chroix said:
i've been doing some of that with some external strobes and flashes. You are right the possibilities are endless. I wonder if you used different colored lights how that would work.. i'm guessing you have a built in flash if it can only go at the beggining of the shot. if its external you can usually push a manual flash button on the flash itself or even where the trigger from the camera is push that manually.. a friend of mine has been using regular lights, even a flashlight rather than flashes so that he can do multiples without blowing things out.

i wasn't trying to give you a hard time about that one post, i just think negative responses to critiques can keep people from offering helpful advice and that is the best part of this place.

ooo colored lights, never thought of that, orrrr have a person stand there, and like wave a flash light at different parts of their body...damn thatd be crazy, esp if was taken in a really dark place

Tremendous stuff! I really like the traces of movement captured by the slow exposure, The Led seems to give it something extra!

I'm licking my waiting until I can pick up my cam with manual controls and give that a whirl!

Were these shot by hand or on a tripod?

laudrup said:
Tremendous stuff! I really like the traces of movement captured by the slow exposure, The Led seems to give it something extra!

I'm licking my waiting until I can pick up my cam with manual controls and give that a whirl!

Were these shot by hand or on a tripod?

tripod and timer (since i was the only one there) ;)

Hi. Those shots are good. I've experimented with this some myself, and just wanted to thrown in my examples.

This one's taken in front of a mirror (no photoshopping):
light1.jpg

and these are just taken by moving around and flashing myself periodically with the light on a long exposure:
light2.jpg

light3.jpg

It's a fun method. There's a fabulous photograph of Picasso painting a "light bull." I'm sure someone could find it.

Most reactions

Back