Messing around w/macro

P3 Photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A photography group I belong to has meetings every month and a challenge to go with. This month is Macro or close up(since some of us do not have a true macro lens, like me!:lol:). I wanted to do something other than bugs or flowers. What do you think?

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

I think you did WELL!!! I like these ... all three of them! Very nicely done. I tend to like the first the most, but am a little bugged by the amount of light on the orange slice. A pity that it got so glaring.

And I like the arrangement in 3. And the little hairs of the kiwi fruit. DOF is good ... not petering out too soon. I hope your friends in photo class will appreciate your efforts, too.

Incredible, number 1 is really impressive!
Number 2 could do with a little touching up, such as maybne cutting out the hairs around the edge? otherwise an interesting shot.

But number 3 really doesnt apeal to me

I tend to like the first the most, but am a little bugged by the amount of light on the orange slice. A pity that it got so glaring.

I hope your friends in photo class will appreciate your efforts, too.

Thanks, I know what you mean about the glare on the orange in #1 I can't decide if it adds to it or makes you want to squint :) I appreciate the input!

@ LaFoto Thank you.

oops I meant the 2nd thanks @ kows

I like your composition but your lighting is really bad. Contrary to others I prefer #3. You might consider using some white tissue paper or something to diffuse the light & eliminate the harsh glare you are getting.

I like your composition but your lighting is really bad. Contrary to others I prefer #3. You might consider using some white tissue paper or something to diffuse the light & eliminate the harsh glare you are getting.

My lighting was coming from a window and a reflector. Next time I try this I will close the sheers in the window and see where that gets me. Thanks for your input.

I love the composition. Especially in #3. Nice work!

nice work - number 1 is a lovely shot - can see that in a magazine any day
number 2 ok and number 3 does nothing for me sorry

Most reactions

New Topics

Back