What's new

Metal Flower C&C please

revenater

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
261
Reaction score
22
Location
Rogers AR
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I already know I should have moved so I did not have a car in the picture but I am learning and I should have moved but other than the car what do you think. $Metal Flower 1.webp
 
Honestly, it not very well composed. The man made Daisy is dead center, there is a Lilac sticking up into the pedals in the right lower quadrant, and the background isn't blurred (Bokeh) enough as your DOF is way too much. Hence, there is the car you mentioned, and it's associated front left wheel on the right side, and after the street you can clearly see the curb on the left upper side.

With any still life, you need to take enough time to really study your entire composition, make corrections as needed, then take the picture. Nothing is moving, and the light doesn't change that fast, so you have ample time to accomplish these steps.
 
I think your second set is way better, the warmth of the sun's early glow gives the flower more color.
 
Pictures 1 & 3 are completely different closeup views rather then the full metal flower. Pic #1 has to much DOF as you really want a Bokeh background so that the metal flower pops. Pic #3 I'm assuming is the base that is surrounded by too much ground clutter. The brightness of the yellow flower in the foreground draws ones eye right to it rather then the metal base. Both pictures really need to be shot in diffused light.

Picture number #2 is a full metal flower image. Here, the bright light certainly contributed to your exposure decisions. DOF runs from the foreground to almost the brickwall. You really needed to conrol the DOF so that the background is very soft. There is a bird water feeder hanging right next it, and the ground is covered in a mass of vegitation. Being honest, it's not a very well composed picture.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom