Meter adjustment in TV and AV mode? Eos400d

Nicknz125

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive been looking on the internet to try an answer my question but cannot seem to find it. Under TV and AV mode on my eos400d if i press the AV+/- button the light meter highlights and i can change it with the wheel, what is this doing? i understand the basics of how TV mode is shutter priority and the aperture automatically compensates the exposure when the user changes the shutter, and likewise with AV mode.

You're adjusting the exposure compensation. Essentially, the camera is giving you what it thinks the proper exposure is, and by adjusting that, you're telling the camera to over or under expose relative to what the camera says is correct.

so when its in the middle the camera is adjusted to what it thinks is the best exposure. When i move the meter to the positive, it re adjusts the aperture or shutter (AV or TV mode respectively), to over expose the photo by how much i have moved the meter in the positive? hope that makes sense. How do i reset the meter to zero again?

The same way you moved it in the first place. Just move it back to the middle where the 0 is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back