MFA

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is anyone in this group MFA in any field? OR planning to do MFA?

edit:

MFA in Design

I want an MFA in photography. But first i need to finish my undergrad work. My school doesn't offer a photography degree so i will have alot of catch up once i finish with my graphic arts degree.

I went to the University of Oregon in Eguene. (2000)

Mark Im making good money just to prove that being an artist can pay :D

TheProf said:
I went to the University of Oregon in Eguene. (2000)

I have been doing research on the MFA in Design program.

MFA in Design and Photography - What does it emphasize on? Will one be armored for the yummy job market as soon as he/she leaves the school?
What does it basically involve? Magazine, graphic design, newpaper??
And do you know any suitable schools in NY NJ area? I cross paths with names like School of Visual Arts, Parsons, Pratt and the likes.
Look forward to hearing from you.
thanks!

If your teaching at Western Oregon University i am going to laugh because i am in your Photography class LOL

LOL

Ok well first Im a Uni Professor in Dubai, sorry Havoc no A for you.

danalec99-

My experience in my MFA was a little unusual. I studied a varity of diffrent meduims and incoporated it into my work. I ended up creating mixed media Video installation pieces. While there I also took some classes in computer 3D Modeling/animation. (which has got my foot in the door teaching)

All schools are diffrent. But I would say that most MFA programs are going to concentrate on the Artistic/conceptual side of things rather than the technical. You dont really go get a masters in photo to do commercial work, although it does strengthen you artistic ability.

That being said it is possible to find a program that fits your needs I would start calling Professors and asking them about the Outcomes of the program.

I dont know any schools in NY off hand other than the ones you listed. But it sounds like you would be better suited going to a Design School rather than a traditional Uni. They are set up on more a Trade school type approach were you will learn the skill to get you into the job market fast.

Thanks Prof for the info!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back