Microsoft, Nikon patent agreement

...the introduction of BSOD into the Nikon camera lineup.

Nikon ... powered by Vista .... Hmmmm

I can see it all now.

Photographer: ( composes, focuses, trips shutter release; nothing happens)

Camera: “This is VISTA DSLR security, are you sure you want to take that photograph?”

Photographer: “Yes.”

Camera: “There is potential security risk in the taking of that photograph, are you absolutely sure you want to proceed?”

Photographer: “YES!!!”

Camera: “Very well, you will have to change your security settings to proceed.”

Photographer: "Oh-C#@&!!! THEY ARE GONE. JUST FORGET THE WHOLE THING, YOU STUPID MICRO-NIKON. D@%$, STUPID SOFTWARE."

Photographer a few minutes later on the phone: “Hello, B&H, How much of a trade in on my Nikon stuff will you give me towards a Canon body and lenses?”

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::mrgreen:

Photographer a few minutes later on the phone: “Hello, B&H, How much of a trade in on my Nikon stuff will you give me towards a Canon body and lenses?”

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::mrgreen:

B&H : "Well, we're temporarily out of stock until Canon finishes signing their agreement with Apple. We hear their new body will have only one button and be available in designer colors. Have a nice day."

B&H : "Well, we're temporarily out of stock until Canon finishes signing their agreement with Apple. We hear their new body will have only one button and be available in designer colors. Have a nice day."

Yeah, your next camera will be an ICANON 50D. The red ring will become lavender and long L glass will come in pastels. But it will be able to run Vista-Nikon as well. :lmao::lol::lmao::mrgreen::lmao::lol::lmao:

Yeah, your next camera will be an ICANON 50D. The red ring will become lavender and long L glass will come in pastels. But it will be able to run Vista-Nikon as well. :lmao::lol::lmao::mrgreen::lmao::lol::lmao:

And, if you're too lazy to go shoot, you can directly download images to the memory card from iTunes (but you will only be able to print 5 copies).

And, if you're too lazy to go shoot, you can directly download images to the memory card from iTunes (but you will only be able to print 5 copies).

Cool, a subscription to I-Photos. Just what every one needs.

Of course Sony will opt for Linux. Pentax for Solaris and Olympus with their 4/3rds system for Amiga. :lol:

Hahahah now Nikon is better since native NEF support will exist in the next version of windows which no one will use... oh wait...
<for sale D200>

Thats right Garbs, go ahead, make fun of my lowly D200... lol

No one is going to be laughing when they see how nice my BSOD is going to make my workflow slowdown... wait, that's not a good thing!

Seriously, I saw an article somewhere that MS and Nikon were collaberating at some sports event. MS had the wireless, storage and transfer area down, and Nikon had the cameras. It was something that freaked me out a little... imagine having the ability to have like 200 shooters anywhere at some event and EVERY picture they took was immediately sent wirelessly to some central storage area, each magazine able to access only their reporter's pictures, cull through them, PP them on the spot and via the internet send them directly to their paper/TV station/whoever they worked for. Average receive time from picture taken to being made available for publication at the newspaper printer's was like 1.2 minutes!

each magazine able to access only their reporter's pictures

or ... if something failed ... each magazine only getting images from the other magazines' reporters ... :lmao:

Yeah I wonder what the chances are that at that event the back end used some secure, bug-free (non-microsoft) software :lmao:

As a Canon user, I would be more worried if Nikon and Intel got together.

It could also be a run-up to Nikon's coming video foray.

Video editing in WMP without expensive dedicated software (Adobe) using Nikon HD video/DSLRs. Focus and aperture controlled by wireless hook up to your windows laptop by Capture and Nikon's new servo-head controlled by holding down the right mouse button and dragging the onscreen display.

Things will only get more interestig.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back