MID-FLIGHT

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ssfWMlbrR7+%Prmr0mhX%w_thumb_8b4d_Fotor.jpg

Mid-Flight ~ I captured this male Ruby Throated Hummingbird as he hovered adjacent to a feeder we placed just outside the doors leading to our rear deck. Water droplets on the feeder are evidence of the rain that fell all day long, but that was not a deterrence for the wee birds making multiple trips to feed on the sweet nectar.

Mike ☘️

Nice shot I have been trying to get a shot of this beautiful colored hummingbird for days now but is very shy. I will post a picture of it if I ever get one.

They are one of my favorite subjects.
We put out a feeder and had lots of initial activity including a female showing up.
But now we rarely see them, I suspect they have lots of flowers to choose from now.

Nice shot I have been trying to get a shot of this beautiful colored hummingbird for days now but is very shy. I will post a picture of it if I ever get one.

I have found that with shy birds it is simply bringing my camera up to my eye that often startles them.
What I try to do is, with the camera in place to shoot, look with both eyes open. This allows me to verify the camera is still pointed where it needs to be and watch the bird at the same time. So all you do when the time is right is shoot and not bring the camera up to you eye. This is quite a bit easier if the camera is set up on a tripod.

Hi all just a couple of pics from me. Both have interesting stories.
This one.
I was sitting on a bench at Southampton port. The chap had been trying to photo birds for an hour, throwing seeds nuts and so on. Caught this shop just at bird was leaving, after eating the remains of the ice cream cone I had thrown it.

Attachments

• sea bird web.jpg
    sea bird web.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 84
This shot was staged some what.
I was on my own throwing bread up for the gulls then trying to catch in flight after the bread
Point shoot focus best guess

Attachments

• feeding frenzy web.jpg
    feeding frenzy web.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 44
Hi all just a couple of pics from me. Both have interesting stories.
This one.
I was sitting on a bench at Southampton port. The chap had been trying to photo birds for an hour, throwing seeds nuts and so on. Caught this shop just at bird was leaving, after eating the remains of the ice cream cone I had thrown it.

Nice pics! Now I know who's making all the birds all chubby. lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back