Hummerpalooza (Pic Heavy)

Beautiful Sharon.

GREAT set Sharon; nice tongue action in the first,.

oh my

Heh heh...John said "tongue action." Heh heh...

They are all so great, Sharon, and I agree that the almost-shot is still pretty great. But I also agree with you about my favorite - the one with his little feet hovering over the branch. I just love the little feet!! :586:

Wow, thanks for all the comments! It's kind of infuriating chasing after these little guys, trying to get good sharp photos--almost as hard as swallows, which I still can't ever get good BIF shots of!
Keeper rate on hummer photos are definitely always lower than the keeper rate for other birds.

Interesting assortment of unconventionally different and appealing locations and bird 'poses'. And wow---if that prey insect and the bird had been in good focus, ohmygosh...one can dream!
Derrel--Thanks. And as much as I wish I'd gotten that hummer and bug in good focus...well, I guess it gives extra motivation for continuing to try, right?

Very nice Sharon! I'd love to have a go at capturing these guys but we dont have them in Scotland. Mibbies I need to find a zoo! Lol
Hummingbirds are definitely my favorite of the smaller birds. I love, love, love my raptors, but hummingbirds--they're just SO entertaining. You should definitely see if there is anywhere around you that has them, even in captivity.
I wish we had some of the other species of them in my neck of the woods. The western US has more variety of hummers than we do, and some of the South American hummers, OH MY! I mean, look at THIS little guy!!

On the other hand, I do always find it fascinating how we forget that what WE consider a "common" bird is one that people in other parts of the world would be delighted to see! I just looked at a page of birds in Scotland--I'd say 90% of the birds shown on that page are ones I've never see, and will probably NEVER see many of them, unless I manage to start traveling the world more. That's why I just love seeing what others post in different areas!

Sweet set and dig on the natural habitat. :)
Thanks, Jaca!! I do have the typical red-base feeders out, but I try to organize everything in my yard so that there is always a good natural habitat spot for the birds. Most of these were birds that were using the feeder, then zipping over to the nearby bush so they could lie in wait and dash out at any other hummer who dared to get near "their" feeder!! LOL

oh my

oh my

Heh heh...John said "tongue action." Heh heh...

They are all so great, Sharon, and I agree that the almost-shot is still pretty great. But I also agree with you about my favorite - the one with his little feet hovering over the branch. I just love the little feet!! :586:

You two...I see what's on y'alls minds!! :lol:
I never even thought about that until runnah's comment. That's cause I'm all sweetness and innocence, you know. :1251:

Those feet...just adorable aren't they??

You two...I see what's on y'alls minds!! :lol:
I never even thought about that until runnah's comment. That's cause I'm all sweetness and innocence, you know. :1251:

Those feet...just adorable aren't they??

Is it bad, then, that I thought it before I saw runnah's comment, and he just beat me to it? ;)

Sweetness and innocence, eh? :biglaugh: ;)

I've always loved bird feet because they're cute, but also because they remind us that birds are just feathered dinosaurs.

As usual, I'm late to the party, so I'll just agree with all the previous posts. Great set!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back