What's new

Middle C

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
2,591
Reaction score
375
Location
Barnsley, Oop-Nooerth, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently purchased a nifty fifty, and so have not removed it from the camera for several days. I was looking for something to shoot last night and I happened upon my daughter's piano...I decided to pick out Middle C (I got some of B, too!).

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated...Not obvious enough? Good DoF? Not good? A "grower"? Bin fodder?


Middle C by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Thanks
 
Personally, I think the DoF is WAYY too shallow. If you have the f/1.8, shoot that sucker at 5.6. The DoF is great for shots like this imo. I would say leave more keys in focus, and make the WB less brownish.
 
Personally, I think the DoF is WAYY too shallow. If you have the f/1.8, shoot that sucker at 5.6. The DoF is great for shots like this imo. I would say leave more keys in focus, and make the WB less brownish.

Ok. I will have another go today...I did want to just pick out one key, as I was aiming for the Middle C, but I may be able to keep that idea with just a part of other keys in focus. I'll have a play.
The WB is down to my not using flash if I can help it in a fairly dark room. I sort of liked the muted tones, though.

I'll play, and post back when I get something. :)

Cheers
 
Personally, I think the DoF is WAYY too shallow. If you have the f/1.8, shoot that sucker at 5.6. The DoF is great for shots like this imo. I would say leave more keys in focus, and make the WB less brownish.

Ok. I will have another go today...I did want to just pick out one key, as I was aiming for the Middle C, but I may be able to keep that idea with just a part of other keys in focus. I'll have a play.
The WB is down to my not using flash if I can help it in a fairly dark room. I sort of liked the muted tones, though.

I'll play, and post back when I get something. :)

Cheers


Well, you could keep the middle C in focus, and just have the surrounding keys gradually come out of focus; the focal plane in this is just too narrow for me. The muted tones are nice, but it just feels really brown to me haha


I have 2 nifty fifty's, does that make it a thunder hundred? :U


#badpuns
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom