Military Homecoming

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 1st Military Homecoming.. both attending and shooting. I've been fortunate enough that my husband hasn't faced deployment yet. You may recognize these ladies.. I took some 1st birthday pics for her daughter just a few weeks ago! It was 108 out, and the hanger apparently didn't have AC and we were standing around waiting FOREVER. I had my son with me.. forgot my ergo baby carrier and he has decided he hates his stroller. And I'm pretty sure I have food poisoning or something.. because I felt sick the whole time and then went home and threw up all night. I'm surprised I kept it together there as long as I did. lol But yeah.. a learning experience for sure!!!!

Here's the news coverage link: KYMA News 11... Yuma, AZ/El Centro, CA

mcree (1 of 1)-17 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

mcree (1 of 1)-15 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

mcree (1 of 1)-3 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

mcree (1 of 1)-9 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

mcree (1 of 1)-4 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

mcree (1 of 1)-6 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

Exciting stuff, I really enjoy the emotions in the photos... My favorite is the second one with the young girl holding the flag... So much concentration on her part makes me think she doesnt even know you are there..

Beautiful. The colors and exposures are great!

#3 would have been better if you caught their reunion from the side instead of behind the wife, but I love his hand on babies head and its hard to predict what is going to happen and at what angle you need to be at when your capturing an event like this.

Good job momma!!

I was pretty bummed about the lack of "face" as you both mention above.. I had my son with me, in his stroller (fussing because we had been there like 3.5 hours roughly already) and she basically ran off on me when she spotted him and I tried to chase her... lol but I had my son inside the hanger and it just all happened REALLY fast. They hugged and took off to go get his bags. It was a wonder I got ANY pics of them the way it went down.. haha definitely going to remember my baby carrier next time n put him on my back when we know they're coming in soon so I can get around better without worrying my 1 year old is across the way there. Again, learning experience for sure! Thank you for your comments. :)

Your color and exposures look good, but what your lacking here is composition. If you would have composed these differently they would have been great compared to okay.

Your color and exposures look good, but what your lacking here is composition. If you would have composed these differently they would have been great compared to okay.

Any specific examples? Besides trying to get more face? I have a couple other homecomings on the agenda over the next few months and would really love to improve for those!! (I have offered to do homecomings free as a way to give back, so I'm sure I'll be attending like.. every homecoming haha) Lots of chances for improving on this!

LOVE LOVE lOVE! That is it that is all I have to say! ♥

If you are going to shoot these events in the future then you already know the set up, timing, etc. for the next time around. Maybe get some anticipatory shots of the families waiting. You have some very good shots and I can't imagine getting those with a 1yo in tow. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back