Milky Way at Tipsoo Lakes

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took one last excursion for this year for some night photos. Soon my favorite places will be much harder to get to, and mostly cloudy at night. This was my first attempt at a panorama. Please tell me what you all think of these two shots.

The first is an 11 shot vertical panorama taken at Tipsoo Lake.

Milky Way Over Tipsoo by RxForB3, on Flickr

This second shot is from Upper Tipsoo Lake and is one single shot. I tried a horizontal panorama but the image was quite distorted. I think Photoshop was having a hard time dealing with the movement of the stars in relation to the landscape. This was the first shot from the panorama.

Upper Tipsoo Lake by RxForB3, on Flickr

I'm liking both of these, it must have been chuffing freezing. The reflections are nice and crisp.

WOW! I think these are amazing. I have to experiment with this sometime.

They are both lovely. Ordinarily I might comment on the sky being a little top heavy in the frame, but this IS about making the Milky Way your subject. :) The MW is more dominant in the first image, and it looks great. The second image has the MW maybe fighting for the attention a little more, since the bottom of the frame shows more of the landscape. Still, they both work, each in their own way.

in the first one, I'd crop the tiny bit of grass out in the bottom of #1, that would make it stronger compositionally imo

Nice. I like the way you didn't over process the milky way. As MW photography is becoming popular, I am seeing lots of photos that are really jacked up and over done, even by some of the "best" pros.

Most reactions

Back