Milky way in Oklahoma

Great capture, Ron! I tried it "once", from my backyard, which is in city, didn't know where to aim, and the ambient lighting was not at all conducive for astro photography. I couldn't find hide nor hair of any stars!!! :biggrin-new:

Great capture, Ron! I tried it "once", from my backyard, which is in city, didn't know where to aim, and the ambient lighting was not at all conducive for astro photography. I couldn't find hide nor hair of any stars!!! :biggrin-new:

We need to shoot it from the north side of Mt Scott, or out by Meers. I was about an hour, hour fifteen east, southeast from Lawton when I took these. WAY out in the country.

NICE NICE NICE. Great shooting lately, Ron!

i am gonna halve to figure out how to do that, i have lighroom5 and corel paint shop pro x6 ult.

looks like a fun project and it sure looks cool. you did a great job at making it happen.

now i just need to wait for a night when there are a load of stars out lol..

i am gonna halve to figure out how to do that, i have lighroom5 and corel paint shop pro x6 ult.

looks like a fun project and it sure looks cool. you did a great job at making it happen.

Check to see when the moon is going to set early in the night and then get out in the country away from the city where there is nothing South of you, aim up in the sky. It's very peaceful being out there at night in the country. (Of course, I was raised in that environment, so I LOVE IT!!!)

i could go out to rogues hollow, its nice and dark out there at night and i might even get a pic of a ghost lol, they say its haunted out there, all kind of crazy story's about that place. i have some friends that live there but never saw anything out of the ordinary lol. i think its all lies haha

but that would probably be the best place to go that's not to far from home. i would not have though about that if you had not said something thanks..

Check to see when the moon is going to set early in the night and then get out in the country away from the city where there is nothing South of you, aim up in the sky. It's very peaceful being out there at night in the country. (Of course, I was raised in that environment, so I LOVE IT!!!)

I would just be sketched out! lol I had to take some stuff out to my husband whos out on a training thing a ways off from the city in the middle of nowhere last night and I was wishing I had my camera. LOTS of stars to see!

Beautiful shots Ron. Can you post the youtube links for the processing? The last one I did, there was too much ambient light, even though I was waaaayyyyy out in the desert, and I'm sure I could have done a better job with the PP.

Here is one that I've used for Lightroom.

Here's one using PS that I've used a little of the processing but I don't have PS.

Ya know, my wife's mom has a farm up north of Granite. I forgot!! Might be something to put on the list!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back