Milky way in Oklahoma

That does it. I'm moving to Oklahoma.

Thanks Nancy.

They were all shot at - 15mm, f/3.5, 30 seconds, ISO 3200. There was no moon out, it had set or was really close to it. These were taken about 10:30 pm.

That does it. I'm moving to Oklahoma.

Come on out, there's plenty of room. I'm lucky that my parents live out in the country, 5 miles from the nearest town and 15 miles from a city that would effect the ground. (but it is west of them so, it doesn't bother the photos).

#1 nominated for POTM, September, 2014

My reasons: "Seeing outside the box", excellent balance, composition, and light.

Awe struck here. Just beautiful.

Number one is beautiful!

they're very contrasty, that's for sure. Did you bump up the clarity a ton too? There's just a lot of haloing which usually happens when you increase the clarity too much

does that shot require allot of photo editing, its hard to bereave that you can just get a shot like that with out editing the crap out of it. but i don't know, not so may stars out that often where i live i just always figured there was allot of work to make something like that.

it looks absolutely awesome though..

Beautiful!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you

Awe struck here. Just beautiful.

Thank you

Now that's what I'm talking bout :) Freakin amazing! Oh wait......SWEETNESS!

Thanks JacaRanda

Number one is beautiful!

Thank you.

they're very contrasty, that's for sure. Did you bump up the clarity a ton too? There's just a lot of haloing which usually happens when you increase the clarity too much

I did add contrast with the slider and the curve. Yes, I did bump up the clarity. All of my processing was taken from watching youtube videos.

does that shot require allot of photo editing, its hard to bereave that you can just get a shot like that with out editing the crap out of it. but i don't know, not so may stars out that often where i live i just always figured there was allot of work to make something like that.

it looks absolutely awesome though..

From the videos that I have watched, there is a good amount of processing to do to bring out the milky way and the stars.

Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back