What's new

Milwaukee Art Museum C & C

The composition is bad, if you would have shot straight on or further to the side, it would have been better, the angle is off. I also feel there is not enough of the building in the shot. more sky than anything.

isnt he shooting straight on?
 
The first shot doens't show enough to be architecture or abstract. The second shot is much better. Try shooting it from the restaurant on the pier. You get a great angle of the museum with the contrasting architecture in the background and all the buildings are white. Just wait for a dramatic sky or a light snow. But pretty nice!
 
The composition is bad, if you would have shot straight on or further to the side, it would have been better, the angle is off. I also feel there is not enough of the building in the shot. more sky than anything.

isnt he shooting straight on?

No, look at the bridge, you can see more of the right side of it.
 
The composition is bad, if you would have shot straight on or further to the side, it would have been better, the angle is off. I also feel there is not enough of the building in the shot. more sky than anything.

isnt he shooting straight on?

No, look at the bridge, you can see more of the right side of it.


As Pugs pointed out, I am about a step off to one side.
 
The first shot doens't show enough to be architecture or abstract. The second shot is much better. Try shooting it from the restaurant on the pier. You get a great angle of the museum with the contrasting architecture in the background and all the buildings are white. Just wait for a dramatic sky or a light snow. But pretty nice!

Do you mean the one between the art museum and Discovery World?
 
That's the old Pieces of Eight restaurant that is now closed and vacant. It is a good spot to shoot from... as at least one other photographer has discovered...

DSC_0215-Edit%20Small.jpg
 
I like that, I am going to have to go back downtown now.
 
Thats what I was talking about, get down low. I would try getting alittle closer where you can get that wall of windows and the giant Sail.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom