What's new

Milwaukee Court house

darkpbstar

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
273
Reaction score
0
I was just walking along in this courtyard, and took out my camera for a few shots of this massive courte house. I thought the architecture is cool. I was messing around in some post processing and grayed out the greenery in the first photo with B&W paint brush. I was just exploring with some new tools, that is the extent of it. thank you. And I know they are crooked, but I didn't mess with that.
DSC_0107.jpg


DSC_0109.jpg
 
I think you could have picked a better angle, this straight on shot of a boxed building does not have much visual appeal. I'm sure that the architecture was nice, but you cannot really see that from how far away you and and how much you are trying to fit in the frame. Maybe just focus on the pillars, or the writing above, or whatever caught your eye.

In the first shot the top of the two side wings cuts the frame in half and since that is the dominate line, I think it hurts your composition.
 
ok thanks for tips. I will deffinetly consider a different angle from now on when doing boxy type structures. The only way to learn, well the best way, is to go out and try it. I've never done a shot like this, and am new all together to photography. Thank you for help
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom