Mine is bigger than yours

Wow that is awesome!

That's nothing.

I don't have the link anywhere, but I once saw an article where they turned a hangar (yes, the kind they keep aircraft in) into a pinhole camera.

(No matter how big your's is, someone always has a bigger one. lol.)

Found it:
World’s Largest Camera Big Enough to Hold an Airplane

edit
Aperture was 6mm. From the description, I'm thinking the focal length was somewhere around 70 feet. 6mm = .236". If the focal length was 70 feet, which equals 840 inches - that's roughly f/3560!

Haha:
"600 gallons of traditional B&W developer was used to develop the canvas, and 1,200 gallons of fixer was applied afterward. It was then washed using fire hoses spraying at 750 gallons per minute. This is the massive photograph that resulted, which is the largest photo ever made (though not the largest print)."

The cost per shot must be ridiculous. You'd need to take out a loan per exposure.

Wow that is awesome! Thank you for shaing,
g.gif

I wonder what they're using for film...? I know you can get really large x-ray film, but probably not that large.

I wonder what they're using for film...? I know you can get really large x-ray film, but probably not that large.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

/cliche
Well, there was a guy on Flickr (I forget his user name) that was making his own 120 film in bulk. (Retired chemist)

I can't find the link, and I couldn't find it by searching Flickr. I have posted it here before though (probably like a year ago)... The guy had a whole set of pictures of all the equipment. The dude was literally making his own film. I can't remember if he was actually making the polyester base himself too, or buying that in bulk or something. But anyway, he was making his own emulsion and coating it onto 120 width film using a bunch of home-made equipment. He even had some pictures of the negatives he got from his home-made film, and they looked fine.

Making 120 film in your basement is crazy enough, but up-scaling that to something the size of a sheet of plywood...?

That's what she said! Unfortunately...

Interesting concept, though.

The best part about these types of cameras, in my opinion, is the ability to take human full body exposures at 1:1, right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back