Mini lab Idea

Heck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a small office in the bad part of town here and do well with fax and copies and we even cut keys. Our main income comes from selling auto insurance but these other services have a nice cash flow. Now I was thinking about a photo printer or have like a basic mini lab to do printing for walk in or our own customers. Does anyone have any info on what would work for me and does it make money or is it going to take a few years to pay for the damn thing lol. I have no clue just looking for some info. Thanks.

Yes cutting keys is a gold mine here in a insurance office lol.

Well, photo imaging can be a nice easy way to help bring in some extra money. They have nice small set ups that don't take up much space and do a very good job. You'll probably stick with a 4x6 style printer with an extra printer to do 5x7's. When you jump into 8x10s, the market gets very very expensive. Kodak i think has the best deals on a mini-lab. We got one at the camera shop i worked at and it work alright. Just that our manager pushed away all of our imaging customers cause she would never have the machines working :p.

I think something that would give a good snap shot print will do well here. And a small investment is one im willing to take If It don't work out I can take it home and use it for personal use. Did it break alot or your manager just did not like to buy ink?

Most reactions

Back