Mini Meetup - When Archy met Lafoto!.....>

Oooo, I feel sooooo flattered right now :oops: :blushing: But thank you so much, all the same, dllb.
After this upcoming weekend with our London TPF Meet-Up I guess there will be lots more faces to be put to names, as I hope to see both many "old" friends from last year's meet-up in Saffron Walden AND many new friends who have become friends via this forum for long but will become even better ones when we meet.

Like meeting Archangel.
It just proved that somehow you look at each other a bit curiously at first (guess what: he hid his eyes behind SHADES - and there I was, expecting to see that man with the BRIGHT and SHINY eyes from the avatar!!! ;) ;)) yet feeling we had actually known each other for just about always.

I just hope you weren't too shocked to see how old I really am, Archie!?!?!?!

LaFoto said:
I just hope you weren't too shocked to see how old I really am, Archie!?!?!?!

na, your not old.... you kept up with me just fine..... and we did plenty of walking!

nitefly said:
Where are the pics of Arch?

Corinna is not home yet ;) ..... she took two weeks, went to cornwall first, then came to plymouth (to see me) then went to portsmouth, then finally the london meet-up.
So she'll have hunderds of pics to get through no doubt.... and will take a while to get around to the ones of me...... luckily. :mrgreen:

OK, here we go then.
An assortment of my pics taken while I met up with Archy in Plymouth on 28 August:

Lightandshadow.jpg

Dreamingoutofthewindow.jpg

Lonelyfisherman.jpg

My take of the lonely fisherman here ...

Thehelicopter.jpg

(Where's that helicopter pic then?)

184432270.jpg

(Possibly the view I photographed when Archie looked over my shoulder)

SirFrancisDrake.jpg

Sir Francis Drake (and the Ferris Wheel)

184432341.jpg

"Masculinity" (and the Ferris Wheel)

Settingupshot.jpg

Setting up shot again ... certainly yet another stunning photo

Lonely.jpg

The lonely man (can you find him?)

TheAnchorProject.jpg

"The Anchor Project" (did these photos come out the way you wanted then, Archie?)

184432301.jpg

One of my attempts to get the photography exhibition on "The World From Above" into frame

184432273.jpg

Archie admiring both our declared favourite of the photography exhibition.

My "shooting the warship" did not turn out for I had the white balance of that little camera still set on "tungsten", so my photos all came out blue :roll: - and I took all in all 4 before I noticed. Ts! (And the little one does not even BEGIN to shoot RAW, so that would not be an option...!)

Once again I must say thank you to you, Archie, for spending that afternoon with me, helping me to get The Monster (i.e. my bag) into the cloak room at your office, showing me around, explaining things, having lunch and cappuccino with me and all this. It was such an enjoyable, if only short, stay at Plymouth, I loved every minute of it.

AHHHHH..... i look too normal!...... yuk my hair DID get cut too short.... thought as much...... and i appear a little ill in the second one :meh:
Anyways, personal critique over......:mrgreen:

Corinna these are cool..... its so much better to see someone else take on my boring ol' city...... cuz i'v seen it a thousand times and can never get inspired.

ok, my helicopter pic wasnt good..... it was way too small with my kit lens on... i'll take another look though... might make an interesting abstract!

Love your 'Drake' and 'Masculinity' ones with the wheel behind it..... thats cool :thumbup:

.....ahh...... the anchor ones..... yea mine were ok..... although you were in the shot in two of em :lol:

..... that gravestone image was awesome!..... def my fav.

It was good to meet you too corinna..... glad you enjoyed it. ;)

Its very cool to see you both!! AWESOME pics from the both of you!! :D I bet it was awesome to meet eachother! :)

great shots you two! LaFoto, i think #6 could go into the "double entendre" theme thread... Sir Drake looks... um... happy.

good to see you guys!!! nice ones corinna and arch... :D

Most reactions

Back