What's new

Minimalism

fiziwig

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
109
Reaction score
16
Location
Eugene, Oregon, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dead Leaf
7895253666_1e7d0fc672_b.jpg

That's all. Carry on.
 
Great detail on the leaf. There are a couple of little dirty spots under it towards the back that could be touched up. What surface are you shooting on?
 
The surface was just a piece of white particle board from a broken bookcase that I found in the back of the shed. I hung a piece of tracing paper over my PVC pipe light box frame and set it up outside in full sun. It's a four-image focus stack since the leaf is really tiny and I had to get very close. I used my Sony 30mm macro lens on my NEX 5N. The whole thing was very random. I wanted to do a quick focus stacking test to learn how to do it so I tossed the leaf on the white board and snapped four frames at four focus points with no real planning or design. The fact that it turned out looking OK is nothing more than a happy accident.
 
As far as pictures of dead leaves go that is an excellent one. Im so glad you managed to keep it all in focus.
 
Wish they'd die in FL so we'd get our usual perfect weather winter, still hot here!
 
I would not call this minimalistic in any way. It's a leaf with a lot of detail. Minimalistic work has very little detail, but always inspires emotion.
 
I would not call this minimalistic in any way. It's a leaf with a lot of detail. Minimalistic work has very little detail, but always inspires emotion.

I considered it minimalistic because of what I did to take the picture. I tossed the leaf carelessly onto the table, without any thought or planning, and snapped the picture. It was all completely spontaneous. :)
 
a model in a leaf.....nevermind
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom