Mink with his morning catch

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Extremely foggy day on the lake and saw this little guy running around and over rocks toward me. Every once in a while he would stop and look my way but kept coming. At some point he stashed his fish under a rock somewhere then came loser to me again to check me out without the fish. After a bit he went back to collect his catch. A couple of soft shots on the more distant ones, didn't have time to adjust my settings because I wanted to get him before he disappeared. Usually when I see them they are quick to take off and never get a shot. Was really surprised how curious he was.

Mink with morning catch by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Mink with morning catch by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Mink by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Mink by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Awesome Brent! I really like #4. Coincidentally, I had one run across the road in front of me carrying a fish just this week on my way home from work. I had no chance since I was driving to try and get a shot though. Someday, hopefully:BangHead:

Great set Brent lovely little thing he is, loving the last one too as a great pose for you.

Thanks everyone.

Very nice. Strange looking fish.

Great set!

Thanks!

Very nice. Strange looking fish.

Thank you. It is called a Round Goby and its a Eurasian bottom dwelling fish. It is an invasive species in all the Great Lakes. It is a huge problem.

Oh, I didn't realize they got that big. Most of the ones (MI) I see are pretty small and worm stealing fools. I have caught the little ones in a net and used them for bass bait, works like a charm. Now I buy the plastic ones and have good luck with those as well. They really are invasive. Didn't realize they got that big, cool info. Bass really go after those things, when their small.

Most reactions

Back