What's new

Minnehaha Falls

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Two of only very few photos I took when we visited Minnehaha Falls in Minneapolis on 17 June at about 1 p.m. - with a glaring sky, hot sun, humid weather, no tripod, and no filters.

The first was a test photo only, I for once wanted to try to achieve this flowing-water-effect, so I went to f14 and a handheld 1/6sec. and took it:

1216wszframed.jpg


But in the end my personal favourite was a more natural one, which represents more what the eyes are actually able to see. I much prefer the composition of this one to any of my others:

1226wszframed.jpg


Is it always more desirable to get the flowing-water-look, you think?
 
I say good job on the first one considering it's handheld. I'm too shaky to achieve a shot like that.

I also like the composition and leading lines in the second one.

How did you avoid the harsh light in the first one?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
I don't find I COULD really avoid it at the bottom where the water "arrives", that part is pretty "hot", I'd say. And furthermore, I tried to leave out as much of the bland, white sky as I could in all my photos taken on that very day. There was very little else I could do, other than making use of the polarising filter, which I may well have had on, though I don't remember.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
I only spent one day in Minneapolis - most of the time there was being spent in Stillwater, though.
Yes, I enjoyed it!
 
Did a nice job on those waterfalls keep up the good work!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom