Minolta Dimage F100 Problems

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My friend has asked me to post this here as I haven't been able to work out whats wrong:

essentially he turned on his camera the lens extended from the body as it should but the viewscreen wouldn't turn on. As a result he tried to turn it off and it switched the camera off but left the lense extended. Now it refuses to turn on all together.

This is with fresh batteries...

Any thoughts?

The answer lies in the fact that it's a Konica Minolta Dimage.

I've had the same problem with three of their cameras. (all Dimage X20)
Camera 1: After about 6 months of use, Exactly same thing as your friend's camera - LCD went black and wouldn't take photos. Sent it away on warranty and they sent us a new camera (camera 3).
Camera 2: I'd bought the same camera about a year ago and all of a sudden weird stuff started happening to the LCD and sensor. I describe it as someone pulling a rake through all the pixels and distorting it. It was juuuust out of warranty but I took it back to Kmart where I bought it.
So Camera 3: - the new one the warranty people gave us, played up and did the rake through the pixels thing, about 3 weeks after we'd had it back.... And it was a brand new camera!!

So Camera 2 (the one year old one) and Camera 3 (the brand new one) had the same problem, we took them back to kmart and explained that we weren't happy - and they're not 'fit for purpose' and we wanted a refund. They tried to tell us that one of them was out of warranty and they couldn't do it, but we just explained to them, that when someone buys something there is an implied warranty that the product is fit for purpose. Obviously there was a design fault (happened to 3 different cameras) and it wasn't our fault that the cameras broke and we had a right to a refund even it it's out of warranty.

And we got it! yippee.

Tell your friend to do the same thing - just take it back and get a refund. It's a problem with the Konica Minoltas. I thought it might have just been my model but unfortunately it sounds like a lot more. Which is a shame because it was such a great camera... until it died.

Here's the rake through the pixels thing I was trying to explain.

Attachments

• $Error-PICT5490.jpg
    $Error-PICT5490.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 90
  • $Error-PICT5508.jpg
    $Error-PICT5508.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 98
Thnxs Meysha,

I've directed my friend to this link so he can see what you said. Looks like it's a back to the manufacturer job then :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back