TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jarmazzini.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there!

New to the forum..

I've been having some issues lately with my Minolta SRT-200 camera where the hot shoe isn't triggering my flashes. I have tested the flashes multiple times on other cameras and have seen them trigger without any issues. However, when testing with the Minolta both synced with a cable and without. When wired, the flash does not trigger when I trigger the shutter but does when I gently wiggle the cable at either end while connected (so thinking something is till working).

Has anyone come across this issue or have any idea/recommendations on what might be the cause?

Thanks so much,

Looking forward to being part of this community!

You don't mention the make and model of the flash. Any auto type flash should consistently fire, if not, I suspect something is loose or failing inside the camera.Ibhave a SRT 505 and I do not have this issue with auto type flash units.

This is not a flashgun issue. It's amost certainly caused by a connection problem in common wire in the flash trigger circuit that connects both PC connector and hot shoe.. It could be caused by corrosion or a 'dry' soldered joint that has finally become given up the ghost but then when you 'wiggle' the PC connector cord the movement is transferred into the camera via the connector to the bad joint which then makes intermittent connection and fires the flash. This makes me think that the problem is on the inside of the PC connector on the camera but only a partial strip down will reveal the answer I'm afraid.

You don't mention the make and model of the flash. Any auto type flash should consistently fire, if not, I suspect something is loose or failing inside the camera.Ibhave a SRT 505 and I do not have this issue with auto type flash units.
Thanks @jcdeboever! I tried with a few different flashes (different types and models). All of them used to work with the camera. I think you are right that it might be an internal issue.

This is not a flashgun issue. It's amost certainly caused by a connection problem in common wire in the flash trigger circuit that connects both PC connector and hot shoe.. It could be caused by corrosion or a 'dry' soldered joint that has finally become given up the ghost but then when you 'wiggle' the PC connector cord the movement is transferred into the camera via the connector to the bad joint which then makes intermittent connection and fires the flash. This makes me think that the problem is on the inside of the PC connector on the camera but only a partial strip down will reveal the answer I'm afraid.
Thanks for the insight @Silversnapper! I have to find a good repair shop in NYC that can look into this. It been quite some time since the issue started. It used to work fine.. everyhting else in the camera works well but this just stopped all of a sudden one day

Most reactions

New Topics

Back